Lightbulb Idea Competition
Business idea and pitch competition. Open to all students at University of Aberdeen, regardless of area of study
Ever dreamed of being an entrepreneur? Now is your chance to be one for a day, with a chance of winning up to £500!
The Lightbulb Idea Competition is a business idea and pitch competition open to all students at the University of Aberdeen.
The competition is split into 3 stages – a “pitch-off”, a semi final and a final.
The first stage takes place on February 21st 2018, and will be located on the 7th floor of Sir Duncan Rice Library.
No previous experience is required, only an idea, an open mind and ambition.
Lightbulb is a workshop with a competitive edge, and will allow contestants to explore entrepreneurship in a fun, innovative and casual environment.
Sign up will take place at the event itself, no pre-registration required! Teams of two are required to compete (if you do not have a partner, you will be paired up at the competition).
The competition will run as follows:
- Teams will be given a few hours to brainstorm ideas (business advisors will be available during this time to help with ideas)
- The “pitch-off” will see the teams present a 30 second pitch in front of the judging panel – these pitches should briefly outline the business idea
- The “pitch-off” competition will take place at the end of the first day and the semi finalists will be decided based on this
- The winners of the “pitch-off” will go through to the semi finals on February 28th 2018 (the final will also take place on this date)
Why should you participate?
- Total cash pool prize of £850, 1st place £500, 2nd place £250 and 3rd place £100
- Free food and drinks
- Each contestant receives a certificate of participation which enhances your employability. By participating, you gain and cultivate skills in, business awareness, innovation, public-speaking, entrepreneurship, team-work amongst others
- The competition is purely educational. The purpose is to get you thinking about entrepreneurship in a fun and casual setting
- There are no strings attached. If you in a later stage wishes to start a business that is great, if not, at least you have explored the idea
Further details to be announced.
Any questions, please contact us at:
Venue: The Sir Duncan Rice Library